Covid Guidelines and FAQS
What’s Happening Currently:
- Our campus continues to be closed to the public during this time as we strategize and develop regulations for our reopening.
- Beginning May 1, our administrative office will be open M-Th with limited staff but the studios will be closed to the public until further notice.
- While there will be reduced face-to-face interactions with our guests, students, and instructors, our administrative operations will continue to operate mostly remotely.
- We are offering online classes as often as possible to continue our commitment to the arts and crafts community. Our current workshops can be viewed on our website.
We will continue to navigate this situation and will be responsive, responsible, and flexible. For the most up-to-date news please visit our social media through Facebook and Instagram @EurekaSpringsSchoolOfTheArts. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to keep you informed and do our part to prevent, reduce and slow the spread of the virus.
2021 Workshop Season Update:
We are currently scheduling in-person workshops for this summer and are planning our reopening in the summer of 2021. The entire staff here at ESSA has been working hard to put new policies and procedures in place to keep us all safe.
If you’ve spent time on the campus before, you may be used to certain routines that have been changed or spaces that now have restricted areas. Please be respectful of these new and hopefully temporary rules and know that we are doing this for the safety of our staff, instructors, and students. These guidelines represent an agreement between you and ESSA and by registering for a workshop you agree to follow these guidelines.
- Class Size: ESSA has always offered small classes to ensure individualized attention and ample equipment usage. Class size for 2021 will be reduced and vary from 3-5 students depending on studio size.
- Fewer Classes on Campus: To keep the overall number of visitors to our campus manageable, fewer classes will be offered each week.
- Cleaning & Safety: Studios will follow strict cleaning routines and air purifiers and sanitizing stations have been installed. Masks must be worn at all times indoors and when closer than 6’ apart outdoors, and social distancing will be practiced.
- Expectations: We will reach out to everyone prior to their workshop with the most up-to-date procedures and protocols. We are all looking forward to in-person learning so we must all do our part to make it happen!
Everyone on the ESSA campus must wear an appropriate face cover over the mouth and nose in accordance with the guidelines. Please bring your own face covering. You do not have to wear a face covering when you are eating or drinking in a designated area, or when you are outside and are separated by at least 6 feet from anyone that is not a member of your household. ESSA will also provide face shields and safety goggles for those that wish to use them.
Handwashing and Sanitization
Hand hygiene is a fundamental precaution during this pandemic. Handwashing instructions will be posted at all handwashing stations throughout the campus. We will also have a touch-free hand-sanitizer available at each studio entrance.
Cleaning supplies will be available to wipe down all work surfaces throughout the day and after each workshop day is complete.
Before coming to the ESSA campus, please self-screen for any COVID-19 symptoms. You are encouraged to take your temperature and stay home if you have a fever over 100.4. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or believe you are at risk of exposure, please stay home.
All students will complete a health screening questionnaire and temperature check prior to entering the classroom each day.
We will continue to monitor the CDC guidelines and modify our regulations on an ongoing basis. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our campus safe for all those who visit once we resume on-campus workshops.